How the planet’s natural resources can help us in modern life.
Looking after our own wellbeing is much like looking after the planet – it needs care and respect. That’s why we have partnered with National Geographic to create a collection that celebrates and supports the power of the natural world with oils from around the globe, designed to improve your wellbeing through the art of aromatherapy. Inspired by escapism and travel, the blends are perfect for self-care, sustainably sourced and made with 100% natural pure essential oils from beautiful destinations all over the world.
“We have always held high ethical standards in sourcing our essential oils, but in the current climate, where the fate of the natural world is in a delicate balance, and awareness, understanding and demand for more earth-conscious products is at an all-time high, this was more important than ever. All our essential oils are either organic, wild crafted or ethically harvested. This means we can offer the consumer a product that we feel proud of.” Jo Kellett, Tisserand Aromatherapy in-house aromatherapist.
Everything from the bottle to the box and even the label is as sustainable as possible; you can shop safe in the knowledge that each product in the range is made with the planet in mind. Here’s where the oils from the three blends – Paradise, Explore and Retreat – come from, and why they can bring the best of the world’s natural wellness boosters to you…
Paradise – a blend of Egypt, Brazil and the USA
This blend is deeply relaxing, with soothing scents of jasmine, grapefruit and mandarin to make you think of faraway beaches and balmy summer evenings. Pick this blend for improved positivity and relaxation.
- Egypt – The Jasmine in the Paradise blend is taken from the land of the pyramids, with the oil being extracted from the star-shaped white flower. The night-blooming plant is said to have aphrodisiacal powers, with warming, deep musky tones that encourage intimacy and rest.
- USA – Taken from across the pond, Grapefruit’s citrus aroma is sharp yet sweet, relieving stress and providing an uplifting boost. The oil is expressed from the rind of the fruit.
- Brazil – The sweet and sunny Mandarin for this blend is grown in Brazil. The oil is expressed from the peel of the fruit, creating a mood-boosting aroma that calms, soothes and inspires positivity.
Retreat – a blend of Madagascar, Tunisia and Oman
The Retreat scent is inspired by the peacefulness of the Far East, with a sweet, smoky aroma. Choose this blend if you crave calm and meditation.
- Madagascar – Taken from this biodiversity hotspot is Vetiver, an essential oil which is extracted from the root of the Vetiveria Zizanoides plant. When this is distilled it creates a thick, earthy oil known as ‘the oil of tranquility’, with a punchy, grounding aroma that helps you to unwind and feel more resilient.
- Tunisia – The floral, creamy Neroli (orange blossom) for this blend is found in North Africa’s sunshine-rich Tunisia. Used for its uplifting benefits, Neroli helps to reduce stress and boost optimism.
- Oman – All the way from Oman is one of the world’s most prized essential oils, Frankincense. The oil is known to have meditative qualities, with a rich and warming aroma that aids deep breathing and calms body and mind.
Explore – a blend of the UK, Sri Lanka and Paraguay
The mountain-fresh Explore blend combines a trio of oils from distant corners of the world to bring a sense of clarity to the mind with its invigorating aroma.
- UK – Homegrown in the UK, Peppermint is well known for its many health benefits. The oil is distilled from the leaves of the herb, and in this blend, it serves as a refreshing scent to make you feel clearer and more alert.
- Sri Lanka – Energising Cardamom from exotic Sri Lanka is steam distilled from the seeds of the plant to give this blend a stimulating touch, reducing lethargy and calming the respiratory system.
- Paraguay – Grown in Paraguay for this awakening blend is Petitgrain, distilled from the leaves of the orange tree. The green aroma of this oil is refreshing and powerful, inspiring a sense of adventure.
Continue the conversation at #protectandrespect