If lack of time or an empty wallet is getting in the way of you and a spa day, the news that it’s National Spa Week will probably have you either sighing wistfully or smiling through gritted teeth. But, don’t let this spoil your chance of spa’ing like the best of them. Cinderella shall go to the ball, she just needs to make her own dress and shoes.
We believe there are a million plus points to creating a spa at home. You can be so much more comfortable and cocooned in your own environment, you don’t have to worry yourself with spa etiquette, you don’t have to lie there wishing the therapist would stop talking, plus you don’t have to get dressed and enter the real world at the end of your treatment. You can have your choice of music (no Enya or whale sounds, yay!), select your favourite fragrance of candle and have your softest pyjamas all ready to climb into. Heaven.
Here’s our tips for transforming your bathroom into a spabathroom….
Set the scene
- Set the scene. This is critical to the wellbeing element of your home treatment. Get your products ready and in place and let every member of the family know that it’s hush hour. It’s your time and under no circumstances are they to disturb you.
- Place a fluffy towel on a warm radiator or heated towel rail and light a candle.
- Place a few drops of Sweet Dreams or De-Stress vaporising oil into our Aroma Spa Diffuser and recreate that amazing smell you experience when you step into a spa.
- Turn on your iPod with your spa playlist.
- Fill your bathtub with warm water and pour a generous amount of Rose & Geranium Leaf, Lavender & White Mint or Neroli & Sandalwood Bath Soak under running water to fill the bath with bubbles.
- While the bath is running, place Urban Spa Savvy Sister Turban onto your head to keep hair protected and dry.
- Using Urban Spa Perfect Body Brush, dry brush and exfoliate your entire body with long sweeping motions. Start at your feet and brush up towards the heart.
- Turn down the bathroom lights, step into the bath and lie back, closing your eyes and taking deep breaths in and out through your nose to fully enjoy the aroma of the 100% natural pure essential oils.
- Try to switch off and take your mind off everything that is happening in your life; this is your time to escape from the pressures of everyday life.
- When you’re feeling fully rested, apply Rose & Geranium Leaf, Lavender & White Mint or Neroli & Sandalwood Body Wash onto Urban Spa Body-Loving Bath Mitt and gently cleanse skin, removing dead skin cells to reveal soft, glowing skin.
- Step out of the bath and wrap yourself in a warm fluffy towel to dry yourself.
- Smother your skin in Rose & Geranium Leaf, Lavender & White Mint or Neroli & Sandalwood Body Lotion and enjoy the delicious scent as it lingers on your skin and helps you to relax for the evening or feel refreshed and energised. Massage into your skin from top to toe, massaging in upward circular motions towards the heart and paying particular attention to the back of your thighs. Wait and let the sumptuous cream soak into the skin.
- Put on your dressing gown or cosy pyjamas.
- Curl up on your sofa with a mug of herbal tea and savour the final moments of your treatment.
Our Bath & Body collection combines 100% natural fragrances expertly blended using pure essential oils and botanical extracts. Heavenly Rose & Geranium Leaf provides a truly pampering experience, Lavender & White Mint relaxes and balances the skin and senses, whilst exotic Neroli & Sandalwood nurtures and uplifts. The perfect trio for whatever spa treatment you need.
Share with us your favourite spathroom tips @tisseranduk #spathroom