There’s no denying the feel-good power of luxuriating in a long, hot bath at the end of the day. Not only does it feel good to be submerged in warm water, but research shows that bathing supports several benefits for health and the body. As well as improving sleep and increasing blood flow, one study* found that taking a bath twice a week can help to lift your mood, while another found that it can even reduce blood sugar levels. So can bathing help you beat the January blues?
“Bathing allows you to reclaim some time for yourself,” says Jo Kellett, “it also helps melt away tension and reset the mind.” The perfect antidote to beat the blues, you should consider upping your tub time, pronto. And here’s how to do it right.
Better your bath time
- Temperature: The water should be slightly warmer than body temperature, which is 37C. Experts recommend somewhere between 40C and 45C.
- Time of day: Bathing before bed has been found to promote a better night’s sleep, as the change in body temperature after exiting the bath prompts the production of melatonin – the sleep hormone.
Supercharge your soak
Bespoke your bath with our new Nature’s Spa collection featuring four bath soaks, each blended with 100% natural, organic oils.
- Lavender & Neroli: Soothe your soul before hitting the hay with this calming blend of Lavender, Neroli, Peppermint and Geranium.
- Rose & Ylang Ylang: Floral fanatics will adore this rich concoction of Rose, Ylang Ylang and Lemon. A great uplifting pick for a mid-morning bath.
- Bergamot & Sandalwood: Bergamot and Orange uplift while Sandalwood and Vetiver calm both body and mind. All are known for their ability to reduce feelings of unease,
- Mandarin & May Chang: Be transported to sunnier climes with this refreshing blend of Mandarin and May Chang. It’s the ultimate feel-good fragrance