Smoky, sophisticated and expansive, Vetiver pure essential oil, distilled from the roots of the plant, which grow in strong, intricate systems under the earth, is known as ‘the oil of tranquillity.’ The calming effect of Vetiver makes it a perfect addition to any aromatherapy blend designed to soothe and unwind the mind and body, and is also perfect to aid meditation as a wonderfully grounding oil.
Vetiver Essential Oil
Vetiver is a very thick, viscous oil by nature, so we recommend gently warming the bottle of oil in a cup of warm water before use.
100% Vetiveria zizanoides (vetiver) root oil
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Roots
- Aroma: Rich, earthy and smoky
- Fragrance Family: Woody
- Perfumery Note: Base
- Consistency and Colour: Thick and dark brown
- Blends Well With: Neroli, Sweet Orange, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Geranium & Lemongrass
- Shelf Life: Once opened, store in a cool dark place and use within 12 months.
For external use only. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with sensitive areas, such as eyes. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use essential oils on children under 5 years old. Consult your healthcare professional before using essential oils during pregnancy. Best kept in a cool dry place.